Monday, November 30, 2009

Filled with joy

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.
Psalm 126:3


Thanksgiving week was so wonderful for us as a family. Greg worked from home on Wednesday and just went back to work today. The boys took great delight in spending all of these days with their Daddy! Nathan made a collage and tried using scissors for the first time.


We ate Thanksgiving dinner with Great Grandma Depew, Nanny, PopPop and Aunt Linda at Sharon Towers. The food was delicious. Mark's favorite activities were racing around the dining room, eating, and screaming. He was teething last week and has two new teeth up top.


Nathan loved seeing everyone and sampling the whole meal, especially the sweet potatoes. Ice cream for dessert was his favorite part.


On the day after Thanksgiving we ventured out to the Penland Tree Farm. It was so beautiful that day...sunny, blue skies, breezy. While Greg put the tree on top of the car, the boys and I swung in the swing for the longest time.



I was able to complete my longest run yet on Saturday morning - 13 miles! I felt great while I was running but definitely needed to crash afterward. I am as ready as I'm going to be for the half-marathon on Dec. 12.

Greg grilled a turkey and we made some side dishes for dinner Saturday. The turkey was so tender and flavorful! He really is a chef at heart. We shared a meal of leftovers with the Poston's last night, which made it all worthwhile.

Today is back to normal for us. We made a trip to the grocery store and now are just playing with blocks, kitchen toys, etc. Nathan has dropped his afternoon nap so he's learning how to have "quiet time." I've also begun potty training with him, so we have a whole new routine around here. So far, so good. Mark's newest thing is learning to walk in real shoes, not just those little slippers I've had him in for the past few months.

2 comments:

gs said...

What a fun update. I am super impressed with your big run! Where is the marathon? You go!

AV said...

I'm running in the Thunder Road half marathon on December 12...with my sister Melanie, my Dad and Bailey. So excited!