Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ridgecrest Revisited




During Aunt Kate's visit home, our family took a vacation to the mountains of North Carolina. We spent two nights at Ridgecrest Conference Center, where I worked and met Greg 14 years ago this summer.
The summers I spent at Ridgecrest had a huge impact on my life, and I always feel like I am coming home again when I spend time there. I felt like I was 19 again, only I couldn't get away from the fact that God has trusted us with two children to love, train and raise to know Him.


Highlights from the trip....

rocking in the rocking chairs,
climbing the stairs,
eating at My Father's Pizza and Pasta,
ice cream at the Nibble Nook,
swinging,
the kids playing at the preschool playground,
breakfast in the cafeteria,
lunch at the Ridgecrest Centennial Cafe,
walking on the nature trail,
hiking at Craggy Gardens,






Nathan pushing the elevator buttons,
Mark saying "mountain," and
that cool early morning breeze and beautiful sky the day we had to go home.

This gives you a good idea of what it was like to take care of Mark on this little trip.


2 comments:

Dortypew said...

Great photos...it was a wonderful time together!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your family's Ridgecrest experience. Glad you guys had a great time!

Byron Hill
Executive Director, LifeWay Conference Centers and Camps

PS - I love My Father's Pizza too!