Sunday, August 15, 2010

First morning at the beach

I'm still finding sand in Mark's ears and shaking it out of our shoes, but here are a few pictures from our first morning on the beach. Thought I would share a few memories and photos each day as I unpack and we get used to our normal life again.

Last summer, Nathan's theme song was "I Hope I Don't Have to Go In the Ocean," but times have changed.

He and Mark were both fearless and ready to splash around in the surf right away.

There was a new sandcastle or shark tank under construction every morning.


They both took a liking to running laps between the beach chairs and the ocean, so we usually stationed one adult each location. I didn't even bother bringing down a book or getting comfortable on a blanket...I read and rested during nap time instead.



No comments: