Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas is coming...

And the children are still delighted to play in cardboard boxes! This was the one that held the Christmas wreath. There was a top and bottom, so both boys played with them all day long.


We baked cookies with Aunt Melanie last Saturday and had a delightful time.



Nathan napped with his snowman yesterday while I listened to The Messiah and addressed Christmas cards. I LOVE The Messiah. The music has been a soul solace for me in the past few years. I still see my babies whenever I see the boys asleep. This was such a peaceful moment for me.


Today we visited my Grandma, and we shared candy canes with the other residents on her floor. That was a sweet time for all of us.


And Nathan and I had a flashlight conversation this morning. I was drinking coffee and reading my Bible by Christmas-tree-light, and he was with me. We have an early morning routine these days (and it sure beats the crazy midnight screaming we had before).

Anyway, he was holding his flashlight so I could read. It started to flicker.

He said to me, very calmly, "Mama, I'll just have to take my flashlight to Daddy, because he's the one who knows best about how to stop this flickering and make it shine strong again." What faith in his Daddy.

And isn't the same true for us, when our light begins to flicker? HE can restore it.

No comments: