Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cabin weekend


We spent last weekend cabin-camping. Favorite memories are the way the kids explored the cabin when we first arrived - played on the bunk beds, loved the porch, thought it was so neat to eat the big wooden table...eating spaghetti and hamburgers and big breakfasts...hiking around the cabin area and teaching the kids to recognize trail blazes...


the boys "fishing" at the lake...


watching the deer...rocking on the back porch with the kids...



and watching the sun go down with Greg. It seems to have taken the boys' brotherhood and enjoyment of each other to a new level.


They are growing up. While we were at the cabin, Nathan said, "Mama, please don't treat me like a baby" as I was asking him to get dressed for bed. Then, he wanted to go across the monkey bars at our neighbor's house for the first time today. And this morning Mark told me, "Mama, I really want to be a soldier - a pretend soldier, and I'm not going to kill anybody, but I really want to be a soldier!" That wish makes me tear up - maybe he'll grow out of that one?!

No comments: