Monday, August 8, 2011

Growing Up

We were eating hamburgers last night, and somehow we got on the subject of getting older. Nathan asked, "When I'm an adult, will I still get to see Mark?" His gears started turning as he tried to process the idea that he wouldn't live under the same roof as his brother forever. We explained that he would still get to see Mark, just not live with him, and that he could always come home to visit us. He said, "But I'm going to to come back to this house EVERY day!"

I have been memorizing Zephaniah 3:17 with the children for the past week. We read the scripture at meal times. This morning after breakfast, I was getting ready for the day and the kids were playing in their rooms for a few minutes. When I went to check on them, I saw some bookmarks from my Bible littering the hallway. Turns out they had brought it upstairs to "read." Nathan said, "Mama, want me to read this to you?" He then spoke this blessing:

The Lord your God is with you,
He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with his love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.

No comments: