Tuesday, October 11, 2011

OKLAHOMA, OK!

I loved visiting my sister Kate and brother-in-law J.W. in Tulsa, OK this weekend. They know how to chill out! Kate and I spent Friday afternoon catching up and snacking on chips and salsa. We all went out for a late dinner at The Local Table - I completely enjoyed the food and the experience!

J.W. is a chef in his own right. Seriously, he can cook! He pretty much did just that the whole weekend. Below, he's posing with the "armadillo eggs" he was cooking for a church event. He also made crepes, shrimp and grits, and biscuits and gravy - all from scratch. He gave me a biscuit cooking lesson Sunday morning, and I've already tried my hand at them for our family. They are DELICIOUS!


The happy couple in their cozy kitchen - Kate made a very tasty gingerbread & apple trifle that I could have eaten for a meal! It was moist, just the right blend of sweet spices, with a cookie topping that gave it a delicious crunch.


Kate is a natural cat person. She was always the one who could charm our little kittens so quickly. Her kitty Linus is a real lovey. Lucy, his sister, is too - just a little more reserved with new people. Both cats let me hold and pet them all weekend!


Kate and I got to have a "girl's night" at the Philbrook Museum of Art Saturday evening. After a pleasant jog around the neighborhood, we dressed up for the opening night of Magnificent Vision exhibit. It was so relaxing to wander through the gallery, enjoying the art together. One painting in particular captured my attention - it was a portrait of a mother and daughter - and we had to go back and look at it again after we'd finished our walk through the exhibit.


The weather was sunny, breezy, and dry - they need rain, but it sure was gorgeous for a weekend visit! Kate and J.W., I felt so relaxed and happy at your house - it was refreshing to have those days with you guys. December, come quickly!

1 comment:

kellybollman said...

Oh, I loved this so much! I missed you both at Meat Fest, but knew you were having a precious time together!