Wednesday, December 31, 2014

20 Questions

What did you do in 2014 that you'd never done before?

I became an independent contractor this year, and began doing some contract grant writing for the agency I worked for prior to having children.
 
Did you accomplish any goals in 2014?

I completed two half-marathons this year; the Corporate Cup in March, and the Thunder Road in November - both in Charlotte, NC.

What cities did you visit?

Cheraw, SC
Natchitoches, LA
New Orleans, LA
Ridgecrest, NC
Asheville, NC
Blowing Rock, NC
Garden City Beach, SC

What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?

I would like to have overflowing joy on a consistent basis. I would also like to have a better handle on managing the resource of time.

What date from 2014 will remain etched in your memory, and why?

August 20 - Mark's first day of Kindergarten and my first day having both of my children in school.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?

My biggest achievement of the year was successfully launching Mark into full-day Kindergarten, while learning to balance part-time work with responsibilities at home.
 
What was your biggest failure?

My biggest failure was allowing the sins of jealousy and bitterness to continue to entangle me in some ways.


What was the best thing you purchased last year?

Our family purchased an air purifier to address the issue of doggy odor, and it has been very effective at refreshing our living room!  

What did you spend the majority of your time doing?

Investing in people - my children, my husband, and my friends.

What did you get really excited about?

I got very excited about training for the half-marathons this year, mainly because I was able to do so with some wonderful girlfriends.    I also got excited about sharing my faith (along with food and some cultural traditions) with a friend from another culture.

Compared to this time last year, I am _____.

Less anxious and more organized.

What do you wish you'd done more of?

Praying and reading of good books.  Enjoying what I have in life.  Also, simplifying things in our home.

What do you wish you'd done less of?

Comparing of myself to others, worrying about anything, and looking backward instead of forward.


What was your favorite TV show?

Downton Abbey

What was your favorite music from this year?

Sovereign Grace

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I visited New Orleans, LA with GregWe did some sightseeing on the cheap and ate a delicious dinner.  We stayed in a beautiful hotel and enjoyed a lovely view of the city skyline from the hotel's rooftop.  I turned 37 this year.
 
What was one thing that made 2014 satisfying?

Making new friendships and spending quality time with my family.
 
What was your favorite thing to wear in 2014?

A new pair of athletic shorts that the boys gave me for my birthday.

What brought you joy in 2014?

Camping and kayaking with Greg, Nathan and Mark
Going on dates with Greg
Watching the boys swim
Spending time with my sisters
Watching the children develop their talents and build friendships
Meaningful visits with our extended family
The beach and the mountains  
Listening to The Messiah


What are a few things you learned in 2014?

I learned how to use a bread machine.
I learned how to make Japanese pancakes.
I learned about Evernote as a task management system.
I learned the value of a meal plan.
I learned to be more objective and fair when disciplining the children.
I learned to laugh at myself more often.
"Others First."
"Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened."

 
 

 
 

2 comments:

A said...

How I admire and love you!

Aunt Jane said...

Meant to sign it as....