Thursday, January 29, 2015

ROY G. BIV

The boys got in the car yesterday after school, and the first thing Mark says is, "Mom, you should have taught me about Roy G. Biv!  All the other kids knew about him, but I didn't. I  know why...I bet it's because they all went to preschool.  I should have gone to preschool so I would know it, too!"

I paused, then asked, "Well, did you learn about him today?  Do you understand the colors of the rainbow now?" 

"Yes," he answered.

"Well then, Mark, I guess it's okay that you didn't go to preschool to learn that.  You learned it today."

Oh, my.  Dear Mark and Nathan, I hope one day you will remember just a little bit of what we did when you didn't go to preschool.   Remember making "magic mud" and homemade play-doh?  Remember going to the park more times than we can count?  Remember helping me at the grocery store?  Remember volunteering together?  Remember visiting the library and reading book after book after book after book...?  Remember playing on the floor with bristle blocks and your big firetruck?  Remember having your friends and their mothers come over and having special snacks and being prayed over at the same time?  Remember "swinging up high in the air together?" 

Obviously, I could go on and on.  I know I was blessed by those days at home together.  And you were, too.  I love you, boys.

No comments: