Sunday, March 9, 2008

Balls, balls, balls!

After breakfast, N immediately found one of his current favorite toys - nesting cups that may be stacked or converted into balls. He brought it to me with a big smile on his face, saying "ball, ball, ball, ball!"


We had a nice weekend. On Saturday morning, I took N to visit my Grandma. She and the other ladies who live on her floor were delighted to see him walking up the hallway to greet them! Next time I need to bring my camera to capture the look on Grandma's face when she plays with N. Somehow the camera bag didn't make it on this trip.

G grilled out for us on Saturday night, and then we listened to Woody call the UNC-Duke game play-by-play on the radio. G felt so sorry for me that he had actually called that afternoon to see if we could upgrade our service, but they weren't able to send someone out on such short notice.

The customer service representative asked if there was a specific reason we needed someone to come so quickly, and G told them that his wife was dying to watch the game. "Your wife?" she laughed! Yep, I'm the one you can hear yelling from the street when a Carolina game is on. Even without the visual, I got pretty excited when I heard about Marcus Ginyard's dunk and Danny Green's shots dropping every time!

For those of you who think we have been incredibly "behind the times" when it comes to media, consider that G and I didn't even own a television for the first few months of our married life! The good news is that I will now be able to watch NCAA basketball to my heart's content because we are officially upgrading our cable package this Saturday.

N and G started playing a few new father-son games this weekend - "possum" and "drums." N tiptoed around to try and "wake" G and got a big kick out of it every time his daddy grabbed him! He has also discovered that his high chair doubles as a drum machine. Fun, fun, fun!

Here is a shot of N in a more quiet mood after his Saturday afternoon nap. He's napping right now, in fact, so I should probably get busy working on my to-do list.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great update! You are a truly proud alumni AV! Love that school spirit!