Thursday, March 4, 2010

Laughing

It's been a quiet morning at home. We washed clothes. We played upstairs. We ate a snack. We changed diapers and pull-ups. We had time-out because we couldn't share toys nicely. We read books. We combed hair. Nathan even combed mine, and it was really relaxing. We found Mark's blue elephant. It had been hiding in Nathan's headboard cupboard for days. We had lunch. I think that's about it so far.


One of the side benefits of the boys being sick this winter is my new attitude about being home. I have decided I like the slower pace, not having something to do or somewhere to go almost every day. I still like seeing friends and getting out of the house, but I also like just being here. It's nice to be able to get my housework done and dinner made in plenty of time.

The sweetest thing Mark did yesterday was to start playing the "bye-bye" game. He's been doing it for a while, running away, usually with the big red firetruck, and and waving as he goes. But yesterday when he said bye-bye, I waved back and said "I love you!" Then he came and hugged me and then went on his way. He did this over and over.

Here's what happened right after lunch today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so cute!