Monday, March 5, 2012

Hammocks in the tree



A few weeks ago, the kids made yarn hammocks for their dogs. I was particularly amused by this project because it involved knot-tying and use of the imagination. This poor bush is not what it used to be, but I guess if it serves the purpose of "letting boys be boys," then I can deal with the sparse branches.


I started something new with Nathan this morning - I introduced some beginning reader books, and he took right off sounding out the words and reading the sentences! He enjoyed it so much he wanted to read three of them. Mark worked in his Elmo tracing workbook and took great delight in finishing each page. It's hard to believe they are both old enough to do these things. Seems like I was just changing their diapers and teaching them to eat solid food.

No comments: