Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I love to watch him


I love to watch him learn something new. His eyes light up and I see again why Aunt Melanie nicknamed him "Sparkle" when he was just a baby. Two Fridays ago (I think), he asked me to push him in the swing. I hesitated for a moment, thinking of how I was comfortable where I was. But then I thought, "It won't be long before he's doing it all by himself."


Sure enough, the next morning I took the boys out to play, and Mark took off swinging. He is so very proud of himself. I like to watch him look over his shoulder while he propels himself up in the air, kind of like he's surprised he can do it "just like Nathan." Now I get to hear Nathan encouraging him and see both of them flying up so high they think they are about to vanish from view.

No comments: