Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Thoughts

I've been boxing up their baby things for about a month now.  I have kept a few of the most sentimentally valuable clothes, blankets and toys in a special box, but most of the other things I am consigning, donating or selling in an upcoming yard sale.   It takes me a long time to close chapters in my life, and this one is no different from any other I have attempted to wrap up.  I feel like I am trying to prepare myself emotionally for the next big thing - "The School Days!"

Mother's Day was sweet this year.  On a rainy day last week, the boys asked to bring down a box of craft supplies they hadn't played with in a long time.  They found some pipe cleaners and some plastic beads and bells, and got busy making jewelry for me.  This bracelet and necklace became my Mother's Day gifts, and I wore them proudly all day Friday - around the house and around town!

I have to record a few of the sweet things both boys have said to me lately, because they are gifts, too.  A few weeks ago, Mark looked at me and said, "Mama, I falled in love with you!"  I believe he added something to the effect that he would marry me when he grew up.  And last weekend, Nathan paid me this compliment: "Mama, you look so beautiful.  I think you look like an angel."  My heart is full.

1 comment:

Aunt J said...

Mark falled in love with you after he told you he would not need a Mama someday soon! Perfect! It is clear that those boys ADORE you and always will!