Thursday, May 24, 2012

Time is Fleeting

I am feeling the shortness of the days of this season - seeing how golden the time is while my boys are little and excited and innocent and interested and close to me.

So, I am taking some steps to savor the moments.  For one thing, I have committed to spending some time with them in the afternoon on pre-K activities, followed by some easy art time.  This week our art activities were tempra painting and peeling old crayons to prep for a melting project.  

For fun, we have taken morning bike rides, had popcorn and lemonade snacks on the deck, played on the swing set, picnicked at the park, and gone to the library for books on frogs and how sound waves travel.



I also plan to take them on some easy day trips this summer - places I have wanted to take them for a while and they finally seem mature enough to enjoy.  Today we visited the NC Transportation Museum in Spencer, NC, with some good friends.  



It was a happy morning, and the boys had great fun interacting with the exhibits.






Their favorite part of the visit was the train ride.  There was a picnic lunch followed by ice cream sandwiches from the gift shop.



Mostly I just enjoyed seeing them take it all in.  I sat between them on the train and kept watching the looks on their faces - incredibly relaxed and captivated by the changing scenery.








It was a quiet train, not very fast, and not crowded at all.  We said goodbye to the trains and came on home.

No comments: