Saturday, January 26, 2013

Home Improvement

We've taken on a kitchen project this month.  Last weekend while the boys went to see Nanny and PopPop, we cleaned, primed and painted cabinet frames. We're still working on painting cabinet doors.



I am learning that I am a bit sloppy with a paint brush, and my husband is quite forgiving of my errors.   My expertise is in cleaning, priming, painting hidden areas, dusting off sanded surfaces, and taking care of the kids while Greg paints!
Here's what it looked like after I scrubbed and deglossed (also known as degrossed!) the cabinet frames.  They were very dirty.

 
Here's what it looked like while putting on the first coat.



These were taken after the first coat.  We like the results so far!



Still to do: finish painting and hang cabinet doors, paint and install beadboard backsplash, have new counters put in, and paint walls. We're getting there!

 


Next steps are to paint and install a beadboard backsplash in the same paint color as the cabinets, have new counters put in, and paint the walls a creamy white.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love it girl! miss you! we are doing some home improvement ourselves! call me!