Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Let Me Hold You Longer


My parents gave me a book, Let Me Hold You Longer by Karen Kingsbury, on my first Mother's Day. The illustrations are beautiful and the rhyming lines have caught N's ear over the past week. The essence of the book is the importance of treasuring the "lasts" of childhood as children grow up. Of course, it makes me weepy as I rock my little boy and read about how one day, he will "leave to me his past" when he goes off to college "come some bright fall morning." What really gets me is the way he asks me to "read this book one more time," over and over again. It's like N is God's mouthpiece, gently reminding me to treasure these moments. As I am typing this post, N is standing beside me at the computer desk, listening to his special praise music. I love the way he asks for "more music, please" after every song. I am richly blessed indeed. Thank you, God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, i know what you mean girlie! treasure each moment and you will never regret! remember the house can wait when our kids want to play with you!

Unknown said...

I treasure every time our family has together...and I mean all of us...every single time.