Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Boys in Blue Jeans


These are my favorite Valentines! We spent a restful weekend at home after G returned from his work trip to NYC. We had a "big breakfast" Saturday morning and opened valentines that afternoon. One of the sweetest moments of the day was when I was nursing M and reading a book to N at the same time. About halfway through the feeding, M looked up and started laughing at a funny rhyme in the story. So precious!

G prepared a delicious steak and twice-stuffed baked potato dinner for just the two of us Saturday evening. We followed that up with a viewing of Fireproof. It was our kind of dinner date - romantic, quiet, comfortable and a fraction of the cost of a restaurant meal! I love my husband.

I enjoyed a few hours of "alone time" Sunday afternoon when G sent me out for a cup of coffee all by myself! It had been kind of a rough morning...I missed church to take care of N, who had been up in the middle of the night and was whiny and accident-prone all day. It was refreshing to have that quiet time to recharge. G was off Monday, so we caught up on some things around the house and played with the children a lot. I'm glad it's a short week...the boys are a little under the weather with colds, so I am praying they recover quickly.

No comments: