Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Blessings


In all honesty, I have grown weary of temper tantrums and seemingly endless conflict with Nathan. I am tired of the test of my self-control and patience. It has been a challenging season for me as a mother. But God has been faithful to me, reminding me of his continual compassion and new mercy. And He has allowed Nathan to transition to a more peaceful and pleasant stage - at least it seems to be true this week.


I bathed the boys together this weekend, and they both really liked it. Nathan even asked to take a bath with Mark last night! He squirted Mark and patted his tummy, and Mark enjoyed it. He loves any positive attention from his big brother. This is progress for their brotherhood.


Everyone who takes care of Mark always comments on his activity level and happy disposition. They ask me how I possibly get anything done or ever turn my back for a moment. I just laugh and say, "That's Mark!" It does help to know that it's not just in my head - he really is an amazingly quick and energetic little boy. With that said, he does have a quiet side, too. This morning he sat on the couch for 3 whole minutes and looked at this book!


Nathan has been pretending that this firetruck is his car. He has a spot that he pretends is Mint Hill, a spot that is his house, etc. The possibilities are endless.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A - In looking at these photos, I smiled at the thought of how special it must be to have a brother, especially one so close in age. (you and I don't know what it's like to have a brother!) Imagine the deep friendship these two will discover once they're a little older. It's so wonderful that God made YOU their mother! Great photos!

Anonymous said...

nice pic