Thursday, January 7, 2010

Good morning from the monkeys


I let Mark hold and eat a whole banana this morning, and he handled it like a professional monkey. He has probably been waiting many months for me to let him eat one like his big brother does!


Yesterday we tried out the ROC program for the first time. I took a pilates class, and the boys seemed to do great in childcare. Nathan was so impressed by the elevator that he pretended that our dining room was an elevator all day yesterday. Every floor takes him to a different place...Gram and Gramp's house, Nanny and PopPop's house, etc. He "lets" me to ride with him while he pushes the buttons. I don't think Mark has been invited yet, but maybe his turn will come soon!

Here are photos from Christmas, the week after, and New Year's Eve. We had a wonderful time with our family! Nathan and Greg flew to LA to visit Gram and Gramp a few days before Christmas. Nathan was "the surprise" and he had such a wonderful time at their home. The first words out of his mouth when he got in the car at the airport were, "When can I go back to LA?"


We woke up at our house on Christmas morning, and then drove to Cheraw in the afternoon. Here's Nathan in the living room with the Christmas tree.


Mark enjoyed taking it all in. I think this was the one moment he sat still the whole time we were there!


Nathan and Aunt Kate enjoyed snuggling in PopPop's armchair. We treasure our time with Aunt Kate and Uncle JW and it always seems to go by way too quickly.


We came home the day after Christmas, and then Greg had the next week off. He worked from home a little bit, but mostly just enjoyed vacation. I loved having him home. We spent as much time as we could playing outside, taking walks, etc. One evening we took the boys to IHOP for pancakes, and the other nights Greg cooked a wonderful variety of tasty dinners. I am so spoiled!

Nathan pushed the truck while rooting for the Tigers.

Look who can join in the truck-pushing fun now!


Hi!



Two trucks passed in the yard. There were no collisions, thankfully.


New Year's Eve in Daddy's arms...the best place ever.

1 comment:

kellybollman said...

Hey! I'm not sure if I have your email or not. I would LOVE any of your weekly menus!!! :)
Thanks! & I loved catching up on reading your latest blog posts. You inspire me.