Thursday, March 31, 2011

And the rain came down...

It's been wet most of the week. Monday was "tent day" in the den, and I served lunch at the little table.



We ran errands and visited the library yesterday. Today we cleaned house and then visited Great Grandma and had lunch with Aunt Jane, Aunt Melanie and Uncle Rick. The children were literally climbing the walls and furniture by about 4 pm! I haven't seen anything quite like it.


Poor Mark is so desperate to get on a playground again he's taken to dangling from tables, counters and doorknobs. So out of a tangible need for fresh air, we put on raincoats and boots and went exploring in the yard. I felt myself relax as I sat on the porch and watched them. Very few fights occur when they are free to roam and pretend and carry sticks and play with the hose.


They enjoyed squelching in the mud and splashing in the puddles.


The children pretty much put themselves to bed tonight. I was amazed. After they hugged and said "I love you," each boy climbed into bed, pulled up the sheets and blankets, and was quite ready to be tucked in for the night. I love that Nathan now says, "Love you, too" when he goes to bed.

No comments: