Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Creative juices


I am working on having a more structured approach to our week, and the days within.

(Yeah, right, Mama!)


We are getting to the place where I believe we all crave routine, and the opportunity it provides to know what we're getting into each day. I still don't have it completely ironed out, but it seems to be helping already. Mondays are for grocery store trips and music time in the afternoon, Tuesdays for swim lessons (Nathan), Wednesdays for volunteering at Bright Blessings, Thursdays for outings, and Fridays for housework and library trips.


We are filling in the gaps with swimming, playing outside, art activities, lots of reading, having friends over, and serving others as the opportunities arise.


Mark has been keeping me on my toes with the potty training. He's starting to "get" the full range of options in the bathroom, and we are having fewer nasty messes in bedrooms. I won't go into details. I'm just glad it's starting to click with him!



Nathan started swimming lessons this morning. He had a lot of mixed feelings about it, which he expressed to me over breakfast. I am learning what it means to be brave and strong for someone else. This aspect of parenting is very challenging for me. He was pretty hesitant about this, and I did my best to encourage him, be firm about the plans, and keep things positive. Once we got him in the door to the pool area, he was just fine with his teacher and the lesson went well. I am very proud of him for trying something new!

1 comment:

oneofestelles said...

You should compare notes with my mom. Nathan reminds me at times of the worrywort I was as a child.

I want to hear what you're doing for Bright Blessings.

See you tomorrow for lunch.