Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day Weekend


Greg and the boys built a sprinkler out of pvc pipe Saturday morning. The boys love "doing projects" around the house, in the garage or in the yard ~ anything with their Daddy!


This was an especially rewarding project for them!


We spent Sunday afternoon in Cheraw, eating a delicious lunch and then watching the boys run through the sprinkler. They kept running back and forth to the picnic table to drink "blueberry tea."


I also have to share a sweet moment I had with the kids last night while Greg was playing a church softball game. I asked them what they'd like to do after dinner, and they suggested we build a train track. They were little engineers hard at work. After the track was built, Mark asked if he could take off my rings. I told him that those had to stay on because they were special rings Daddy had given me when he married me. Mark said, "No, Mommy, I married you!" Then Nathan quickly jumped in with, "No, Mama, I'm gonna marry you when I grow up!"

1 comment:

Karen Mayes said...

Precious boys - precious memories! That sprinkler looks like a lot of fun. Did you build it from a set? My boys would love that. There's nothing like summer fun with two active little boys! :)