Monday, May 12, 2008

The Most Wonderful Mother's Day "Babymoon"

I am feeling relaxed and rejuvenated after spending the weekend away with G. We headed to Asheville, NC on Friday afternoon. My parents came up to babysit ~ we are incredibly blessed by their willingness to do this for us!

It felt great to be "on our own" for a few days, eating when we were hungry, taking naps when we wanted to rest, and just enjoying the outdoors together.

We stayed at a great Bed and Breakfast called The Inn on Main Street in Weaverville, NC, just a few miles north of Asheville. We loved our room, and the food was awesome.


On Saturday morning we drove along the Blue Ridge Parkway and hiked at Graveyard Fields. It was just our speed for this trip - pretty scenery and a comfortable hike.



We spent the afternoon shopping in downtown Asheville, and then split a pizza at the Mellow Mushroom. Since G and I met while working in the Asheville area during college, it's always a special treat to return to "our mountains." It feels like coming home for us.



When we got back to Matthews on Sunday, N was really excited to see us and kept showering me with hugs. What a precious gift! Here is a quote from an angel ornament my parents gave me as part of my Mother's Day gift: "A mother holds her children's hands for a while, their hearts forever." I couldn't have asked for a more perfect Mother's Day weekend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A - what a fantastic trip! I am always so encouraged at how intentional you and G are about spending quality alone time together. So glad you had a nice Mother's Day!!

Unknown said...

Looks like a great trip. There's a good directory called the Babymoon Directory that me and my wife recently used. http://www.babymoon.com.au