Monday, June 2, 2008

Auntie K Came to Visit

My sister K is finished with her job and is eagerly awaiting her wedding day, June 21. In the meantime, she came to stay with us for a few days last week.

She arrived on Tuesday with Fluffy Two-Step Cheesecake and a bag of chocolates for G and me, and a big bouncy superman ball for N! We spent Wednesday doing some light shopping and playing at home. On Thursday we ran a few errands, including donating all of my old prom dresses and bridesmaid dresses to Thompson Child & Family Focus, where I worked before N was born. I am cleaning out what will be N's new bedroom in a few months as we get ready for the baby and decided that I could finally part with these sentimental garments!

K and I went to see James Taylor in concert on Thursday evening - it was a true "girl's night out" (and also K's early birthday present). The weather was beautiful, which was especially great because we were sitting on the lawn. I think we could have both listened to James play for hours past the time the concert ended! Here are just a few shots from our time together.

N and Auntie K "sleeping" on the couch


Finger-painting with chocolate pudding - great for tasting, too!


On the front porch with Auntie K


Here is the recipe for Fluffy Two-Step Cheesecake for anyone who is interested. My mom, sisters and I have all made it and can testify that it's very easy to make, and quite delicious on a warm summer evening.

8 oz. package cream cheese (may use reduced fat)
1/3 cup white sugar
8 oz. container frozen whipped topping, thawed (may use reduced fat)
9 inch prepared graham cracker crust
pie filling (may use reduced sugar)


In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gently fold in the whipped topping. Spoon into the prepared crust. Refrigerate 3 hours, or until set. Top with your choice of pie filling.

No comments: