Sunday, August 3, 2008

Daddy's Vacation

We've had G home with us all week after our return from the beach. It has been fun and relaxing to be together like this for so many days in a row! I have had a complete break from cooking dinner because G offered to cook or grill every night. I think my favorite dish was Chicken Tiki Masala, although the grilled salmon, steak and chicken were also delicious. N says, "Yeah, Daddy!"


G has been very productive around the house and yard. He struck a nice balance between projects and just being a loving daddy and husband. He played guitar for N several times and is teaching him how to strum. "I've Got a River of Life" made him really giggle.


Riding in the canoe did not, however, much to our disappointment. We're not giving up yet, though - he does like saying "ca-noo" so we are hopeful he'll give it another try sometime.


I am not sure what I'll do with myself tomorrow when I realize G's back at work and it's just me and N again! I do feel recharged after our family vacation time, though, so I will be doing my best to pray for and encourage my husband while he supports our family. He is a wonderful and selfless provider, and I am very thankful for him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, G is a wonderful husband and daddy. You are blessed.