Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend Update (no, it's not a spin on SNL)

Yes, I am still here - no baby yet! I am definitely feeling that any day now would be nice for M's arrival. I am pretty "front-heavy" and my tummy is quite tight with a big boy in there.

My sister K flew in for a visit last week, and she stayed with us for a few nights before we all packed in the car for a weekend trip to Cheraw. N was completely delighted to see her!


She babysat for him while I attempted early voting (to no avail because the line was way too long for a pregnant woman), again while G and I escaped for a bit of Mexican on what we thought might be our last dinner date before the baby (I had false labor all day Thursday), and again when I went to the doctor for a quick check before hitting the road Friday.

In between the times I was out of the house, I really enjoyed catching up with my newlywed sister. She is a beautiful person with a loving, joyful and fun personality!


We all ate to our hearts' content Friday evening at MeatFest, my parent's annual celebration of every kind of grilled or smoked meat you can imagine, plus many delicious sides and desserts provided by their guests. I really thought I was going to pop after eating all of that food!

My sister M's bridal tea was Saturday morning. I really liked the warmth and coziness of her fall-themed shower. She was certainly the glowing bride, and I hope she lets me borrow some of the goodies she received as gifts.



We'll keep you informed on any baby updates...I probably won't announce when I go into labor, but I will try to post again mid-week if we're still around. :)

No comments: