Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The God of Hope

A friend of mine has motivated me to memorize scripture. She is the mother of five children, and has spent most of her parenting years in a wheelchair. She has such a joyful spirit and is always encouraging others. Romans 15:13 is one of many verses that she has committed to memory, and I have been doing the same.

It says, "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

I wrote it on four note cards. One is on my kitchen window so I see it every time I wash dishes, make rice cereal, fill up a cup with water, wash my hands after diapering or wiping a nose, etc. The second is in the diaper stash box in the den, so I see it quite frequently for obvious reasons. :) The third is on my bedroom dresser where I see it while I'm getting ready to start or finish the day. The fourth is going to go in the car.

It has been a blessing to have this verse continually on my mind. I have been meditating on it while I run in the mornings, and have been praying it for my family. May I overflow with hope today and every day. May I be full of the Lord's joy, which is my strength.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - God must really want me to memorize that verse as well because yours is the second blog today who has talked about it! Here is the other blog that mentions it!

http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/2009/04/breaking-free.html

Mel said...

I've enjoyed reading it at your house, too!