Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Why I've put off blogging...

It's kind of a reflection of my stage of life, I think. The camera batteries have been losing their charge in about a day's time. And right now, the camera is upstairs in the bonus room instead of in it's normal spot on the bookshelf. For some reason, the distance between the den and the bonus room is about as far as from here to China, and I often feel like I need a battery boost by mid-afternoon!

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that we have two boys walking around the house these days. Yep, baby M is walking!!!
He took his first step to me on Sunday afternoon. He's really into climbing onto furniture and toys, too. He takes a tumble really well and loves to "rough-house," even with me.

M is completely weaned as of about two weeks ago. He initiated, and the whole process was pretty quick and easy. We are both enjoying the new freedom that comes with whole milk in a cup. I think N has sensed the change. We've had some nights where he wakes up crying to be rocked, or for a bear that's fallen out of his bed. We are working through it, though, and I am making an effort to spend some time rocking him before bed. I knew there was a reason we kept that extra glider in his room.

I took both boys to a birthday party at Monkey Joe's on Saturday. It was a great illustration of the uniqueness of their personalities, as M dove literally headfirst onto the inflatables, while big brother cautiously considered and then joined in the fun. I was so proud of N when he climbed up a steep set of stairs and got ready to slide down. Turns out he needed me to go down with him, so I obliged. I agreed with him - it was a long way down from up there!


He loved the birthday cake.


I think he's pretty excited about his upcoming celebration. Where there is cake and the birthday song, my boy is happy. The little one, too, of course. I know it is cheesy, but I can't help but call them my "happy pumpkins." I love that they were born in the fall - such an invigorating and beautiful time of year. We took them to Black Mountain and the Blue Ridge Parkway a few weekends ago. There are pictures, and I will post them once I have a minute to download them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So excited to see an update but totally understand why it can be hard sometimes. :) I can't believe little M is walking??!!

I absolutely LOVE that photo of you coming down the slide. So glad someone captured that!

Miss you friend.