Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Different Light

Nathan went to Cheraw for a few days this week, and I had Mark all to myself during the daytime hours. It was a treat. He asked about his Nay-Nay and Nanny a good bit, but he settled in just fine once he realized he had all of the toys to himself.


We played with our neighbors, read books and blew bubbles on Monday.


That night, Mark taught us the burrito game, where he lies down on his blue blanket and asks to be wrapped and rolled up, and then pops out of it. His laughter and smile are so infectious!


We took care of some things around the house on Tuesday morning, and then enjoyed an outdoor lunch with Greg and Melanie. Mark slept most of the afternoon, and I had to wake him at about 5:00. I took him outside to play for a while and helped him figure out how to pedal on the tricycle. When we came inside, I told him we were having sandwiches for supper. He asked for grilled cheese, and I thought that sounded good...so we both indulged.

I loved being free to focus my attention on him and really listen to what he's saying. He loves to pluck fresh flowers for me. He gives hugs and kisses. He wishes me sweet dreams. He thanks me when I let him drink orange juice AND milk with his breakfast. He loves Curious George books. He invites me on imaginary trips to Food Lion, the deli and Mrs. Staci's house. He helps me toss pillows on the bed. He holds the dustpan while I sweep. He says with glee, "I helped you, Mama!" He tastes cherry tomatoes for me and then puts them on my salad. He drinks ranch dressing through a straw. He loves to be barefoot. He rides through stores with his arms stretched wide, so he can touch everything. He offers to bring me my water bottle if I am thirsty. He is my sunshine, my pumpkin, and my sparkle. I love my Mark.

No comments: