Saturday, November 5, 2011

Birthday Number Five


Tonight at bath time, Nathan counted to 110. He and his Daddy hung star stickers on his ceiling this afternoon, and he is so excited to see them glow. He likes to be in warm pajamas. He snuggled with me under cozy blankets in the living room chair after the birthday party today. He frequently asks me, "Tell me everything you know, Mama." He delights in swinging as high as he possibly can, all by himself. He shoots spinning helicopters down from the top of the stairs and squirts his brother in the tub. He can quote more scripture than I could at his age, and reminds us not to be afraid because God is here. He wants to pray for safety when we're traveling. He watches the stars and is happiest of all when he is outside.


His warm, brown eyes light up and twinkle. He asked for strawberry chocolate cake for his birthday. He still loves to be picked up. He gives great hugs and kisses. He doesn't want to grow up and have to go to school. I understand - I will miss him, too. He is inquisitive, sensitive, attentive, loving.


He is family-oriented. He has an incredible memory and loves to listen to stories and music. He loves to race with his brother. He "teaches" me the alphabet in the mornings. He loves to create. He made me a mother, and I can still remember the smell of his little head and how he fit in the crook of my arm and how he was so warm and snug all swaddled up in a blanket. And now he's five.

No comments: