Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Outdoor Birthday Party

Thank you, God, for fall babies and outdoor birthday parties!






Right now, I am thankful for chocolate chip pan cookies baking in the oven - hopefully just as delicious and chewy as a cookie, but more like an easy brownie to prepare.

I am thankful for the adventure of elevator rides in the mall, where both boys are in awe of the up and down motion, especially when they can look out the glass windows.

I am thankful for a "supermom" moment when I was able to back-track down the escalator to comfort Nathan, who got scared of the narrow steps and didn't get on behind me and Mark.

I am thankful for the wind chimes singing in the rainy breeze.

I am thankful for this scripture that I rediscovered this morning (Psalm 16:5-8):

Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing.
You guard all that is mine.
The land you have given me is a pleasant land.
What a wonderful inheritance!

I will bless the Lord who guides me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
I know the Lord is always with me.
I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.

I also love the New Living Translation of Isaiah 40:11:

He will feed his flock like a shepherd. He will carry the lambs in his arms, holding them close to his heart. He will gently lead the mother sheep with their young.

Oh, how He knows my every concern and my tendency toward bewilderment. He knows the path ahead of our family, and He will guide our every step. That is reason for thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't tell you how timely this verse is for me this week A!! Thank you! Looked like such a lovely celebration! xoxo