Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Leaves and a link

This seems trite, but I am thankful for the colorful leaves that come with the change in seasons. It's such a beautiful way to say goodbye to summer. Everywhere I turn, I see brilliant shades of red, gold, rust, and orange.


Father, thank you for our spontaneous visit to the park and greenway yesterday morning. The way the sun fell through the yellow leaves onto my boys spinning around on the merry-go-round was just golden. We discovered a new path through the woods, and the boys you have given me said they wanted to walk for miles and miles, hours and hours. We sat, watched, and listened to leaves falling to the ground. The boys played "stop and go" and ran along the path all the way back, just like my sisters and I used to do on the dirt roads around our neighborhood.


Thank you for the sun-filled den with windows all around. My babies used to lie in the cradle and look up through the skylights or out the windows and see the ever-changing wonder of the sky and trees. I have taken many a nap or cup of tea under the colorful canopy you created. You are good to me.

Switching gears...

I read a wonderful article that was published in The Charlotte Observer on Saturday, November 5, 2011. It was entitled "Seeing the world through grateful eyes" by Lynne Hinton. If you search The Charlotte Observer's website, you can probably find the link and read the piece - I have had problems linking it to this blog but it's definitely worth the search!

1 comment:

Karen Mayes said...

That is so beautiful! I've always thought that the changing colors of the seasons are one of the many little "love notes" from God - small ways of displaying His awesome glory for our enjoyment. Aaron built a trail in the woods in our back yard and the boys love to go for walks on it and gather all sorts of treasures. I really like your idea of making place-mats with the leaves... I'm going to have to copy you. :)